Paris - Le Jules Verne & A Cafe in Paris

The highlight of our Paris trip was our dinner at Le Jules Verne, a 3-starred Michelin restaurant opened by Alain Ducasse. The food was exce...

The highlight of our Paris trip was our dinner at Le Jules Verne, a 3-starred Michelin restaurant opened by Alain Ducasse. The food was excellent, as expected, and the service was very professional but a tad cold.

Although I am aware that French fine-dining restaurants tend to provide such service, I still prefer the warm and friendly service rendered by the other French and Italian cafes that we patronized during this holiday. It was an unforgettable experience, nonetheless, especially since we (or rather, JW) forked out 400 euros for the entire degustation meal.







We had a breathtaking view of Paris from our window seat. What a sight to behold.


Can't quite remember what this was, but I'm pretty sure this was not on the menu. :)

The sliced wild apple was a perfect complement to the sweet and succulent lobster meat. Roasted chicory with black truffle and cheese. This tasted heavenly.


Pan-seared turbot, crayfish and mushroom a la riche. I remembered the fish was very fresh and tender.Medallion of Venison. Cooked to perfection, the meat was juicy and very tasty.

We barely spoke because I tend to concentrate on my food when I am eating. :P

The dessert spread was very generous. Our "main" desserts, namely the 1) light wild strawberry and coconut cake with lime-coconut sorbet and 2) tower bolt, dark chocolate praline & hazelnut ice-cream, were accompanied by chocolates, marshmallows and macaroons.

I was so full at the end of the meal that all I wanted to do was sleep. Fortunately, our hotel was located near the Eiffel Tower, so a slow stroll back definitely aided our digestion. We will probably never come back again, at least not in the short term, but fond memories of this experience will always be etched in our minds.

After a night at a gastronomic restaurant, we went back to street cafes the next two days. The last night of our 2 week holiday was spent at a lovely cafe just across our hotel. There we were again, with my Orangina drink and his English Breakfast tea, reminising about our little adventures throughout the two weeks and wondering when we will be able to take such a long break away from work again.

Now I'm wondering..should I go to Dubai on my own??It's for work, but at least it wouldn't be as stressful as my normal work trips ;)

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Show Comments: OR

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...