Gonpachi - Tokyo

Here we were, back in Tokyo for our last meal before returning to Singapore. While waiting for the concierge to confirm our reservation, we...

Here we were, back in Tokyo for our last meal before returning to Singapore. While waiting for the concierge to confirm our reservation, we took the opportunity to camwhore at the hotel lobby!



Our last meal in the country was at Gonpachi @ Nishi-Azabu, a popular restaurant because 1) Quentin Tarantino was inspired by the decor of this restaurant for the set of Kill Bill Vol. 1 and 2) Koizumi brought George Bush to dine her!






Yuzu Mojito, the yummiest cocktail I've ever had in my life! I loved it so much I ordered two glasses!

Yude-Buta - Boiled pork with szechuan garlic sauce. It melts in your mouth. Need I say more?

Gonpachi House Salad - Mizuna, buckwheat sprout & clam tossed with sesame dressing. It looks inconspicuous but trust me, it leaves you wanting more!

Tempura Seiro Soba


Seasonal special - mouth-watering Kobe beef!


These skewes were some of the best I've ever tried!


The only dish that didn't impress us much was the fried chicken. It looked great in pictures, but in reality, it was pretty average.


Grilled potatoes with butter. I have a penchant for potatoes, so I'll definitely place an order whenever I see them on the menu!


My other favourite dish has got to be Gindara. The smooth texture of the well-marinated fish was to die for!


We also had free ice-cream, courtesy of our attentive and polite server, Tomohiro!




And here's our parting shot with Tomohiro. Thanks for giving us such a pleasant experience at Gonpachi! This is one restaurant that I will definitely go back to when I next embark on a trip to Tokyo!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Show Comments: OR

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...