Anniversary Lunch at Iggy's

We celebrated the 10th year anniversary of our relationship in July at Iggy's, shortly after I returned from my Europe work trip. A deca...

We celebrated the 10th year anniversary of our relationship in July at Iggy's, shortly after I returned from my Europe work trip.

A decade seems like a long time, but it sure doesn't feel like 10 years has passed. Among our circle of friends, we often get questions on how we keep the spark alive. I am no expert and I don't really have the answer, but I guess it all boils down to a combination of factors.

While our hobbies are vastly different, we do share similar interests, like checking out museums , new food haunts and travelling. Differences aside, our relationship is also underpinned by similar values, principles and most importantly, respect.

We give each other a lot of space too. I think it's unreasonable to expect your other half to make significant changes to his lifestyle after getting together with you or after marriage, and morphing into an attention seeking control freak is bound to scare the life out of your guy.

He's free to pursue his interests (e.g. rockclimbing haha) and the same applies to me (yay to shopping!). Being a Sagittarius means that I embrace freedom, and I believe that freedom should also be extended to my partner.


So yup, I guess that sums it up. :)
Now it's time to let the pictures do the talking.

Here's what I wore that day - a frilly nude coloured top from Number Fifty@Mandarin Gallery paired with black cigarette pants.


Food was decently good and service was immaculate, but I kept thinking about Clementi satay, katong laksa, among other local hawker delights. I always miss hawker food when I return from overseas.


JW's dessert was tasty, but my beetroot flavoured sherbet was a little too funky for my taste buds. I much prefer Awfully Chocolate's dark chocolate ice-cream or Udders' Mao Shan Wang Durian ice-cream (SLURP!!!).


Couple shot to end the day.


Part of his anniversary gift to me was a trip to Austria, which I'll be blogging about pretty soon. The trip was awesome and it felt every bit like a 2nd honeymoon! ;)

You Might Also Like

4 comments

Show Comments: OR

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...