Fashion: Jun Ji Hyun's Style in Korean Drama "You Who Came From TheStars"

Credits: Dramafever I don't usually keep up with the latest Korean dramas but everyone's fascination with popular Korean dr...

Credits: Dramafever

I don't usually keep up with the latest Korean dramas but everyone's fascination with popular Korean drama series "You Who Came From The Stars" really piqued my interest. Why was everyone talking about this drama and what was all the hype about? 

My curiosity got the better of me eventually and it didn't take long before I jumped on to the bandwagon. To be completely honest, what got me started on this drama was Jun Ji Hyun's designer clothes and fashion style, which I have read and heard so much about from magazines and newspapers. Fashion aside, the witty dialogues and chemistry between Jun Ji Hyun and Kim Soo Hyun kept me glued, which really surprised me because most Korean dramas are unable to sustain my interest. To cut a long story short, the drama took me through a whirlwind of emotions and I was constantly entertained. I was laughing uncontrollably at one point and at the next moment, tears would be welling up in my eyes as the ill-fated star-crossed lovers (pun intended) looked into each other's eyes and wept.

Anyway, before I digress any further, the real purpose of this post is to share the effortlessly stylish outfits donned by lead actress Jun Ji Hyun in her role as Cheon Song Ee. 

Here are some of my favourite ensembles from the drama series. I have also included the links below, in case you're tempted enough to purchase them!

Gucci

Gucci Silk Beach Ball Print Pleated Dress

I love the beach ball prints which exude a quirky vintage vibe that will never go out of style. The modest length also makes it a versatile piece for both work and play





 


Gucci Kimono Silk Cady Jumpsuit


In this show, even her pajamas look chic enough to be worn out on to the streets! I love the kimono sleeves of this jumpsuit. Although it does resemble comfy pajamas, all you have to do is add a dose of statement accessories and some edgy heels to take this outfit from home to tea with the girls.






Valentino

 I wasn't able to locate this dress and headband set from the Valentino website, hence I assume that it is not up for sale under the ready-to-wear section yet. 

I absolutely adore this cute ensemble from Valentino's Spring/Summer 2014 Collection. The medieval prints and studded headband bring out an old world charm while the contemporary silhouette retains a sense of modernity, making it wearable for all occasions.



 DSquared2

I couldn't take my eyes off Jun Ji Hyun when I saw her wearing this shirt and skirt ensemble from Dsquared2. What I like about this shirt is its tailoring. It may look somewhat manly, but just look at how flattering the cut is on Jun Ji Hyun. A white shirt is a wardrobe staple, but it takes time to find "the one". Thankfully for Jun Ji Hyun, I think she has found the perfect white shirt.
 

Dsquared2 Ubaldo Shirt




Dsquared2 Wool Skirt

Being a fan of vintage clothes makes me more attuned to apparels that give off an unmistakable vintage vibe. That was what attracted me to this well-tailored wool skirt from Dsquared2 which is so on trend. The structured silhouette of the wool midi skirt also makes it the perfect complement to the Ubaldo shirt as it adds a touch of femininity without being overly girly.





D&G

D&G is one of my favourite designers. The designs are distinctly feminine, with fresh interpretations of vintage elements such as baroque prints and 50s-style tailoring.



This is one of my favourite 2-piece sets in the drama series as I can totally see myself wearing this gorgeous ensemble. If you have been reading my blog for a while, I guess it wouldn't come as  a surprise that I am a huge fan of baroque prints and lace.

D&G Silicia Print Boxy Top



This adorable floral print dress is another piece that I would add to my wardrobe if I had the chance. It looks completely ordinary when you view it on the website, but when worn (as seen on Jun Ji Hyun), you will realise that its uniqueness lie in the flutter sleeves and the overall vintage vibe that it exudes. This ultra feminine dress is simply perfect for weekend dates or shopping with the girls.







Burberry 



Credits: Beatuscorner.com

I love dresses with an element of surprise. In this case, the surprise comes in the form of a back bow that drapes over the back like an elegant gift. Simple yet sophisticated, this is yet another classic that will stand the test of time.


Which is your favourite outfit? Frankly, these are so many other outfits from this drama series that deserve to be mentioned. All I did was to narrow down to a couple of my personal favourites to whet your appetite, so if you love fashion as much as I do and you have yet to catch "You Who Came From The Stars", perhaps it's about time you do so!



You Might Also Like

0 comments

Show Comments: OR

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...