Fashion Fridays: Palm Prints

 Other than leaf prints , palm prints are all the rage this season too. A palm print dress always puts me in a holiday mood. Summery and re...

 Other than leaf prints, palm prints are all the rage this season too. A palm print dress always puts me in a holiday mood. Summery and resort-chic, palm prints are perfect for a beach or weekend getaway. 

These prints have a laid-back, relaxed vibe that make it especially enticing amidst the hustle and bustle that we are so used to in our cosmopolitan city state. 


Like leaf prints, green palm prints are a refreshing change from the usual floral prints. I also like that these prints are a little more abstract, resembling splashes of colours on a white canvas instead of actual palm trees.

Dress from KissJane
Bag from Saint Laurent
Shoes from Pazzion

 If you prefer something edgier, get a palm print dress in darker hues, like the dark blue one I wore here. I love how the unexpected cut-out behind this seemingly prim and proper dress adds an element of surprise.

Whenever I encounter busy prints like these, I usually prefer to go without accessories and just let the prints do the talking. In this case however, I felt that the darker colour scheme of this dress would allow me to play around with a statement necklace and my favourite gladiator heels from Sophia Webster to show you how you can easily transform a casual dress into something that's dressy enough for formal occasions.

I thought I'll also take the opportunity to share a tip on how to wear ankle high heels without looking like you have short legs. Ankle high heels are tricky to pull off, even if you have the slimmest legs. 

The trick is to play with proportions by going for dresses or skirts with shorter hemlines to create the illusion of longer legs. 

 Dress from KissJane
Shoes from Sophia Webster
Bag and Necklace from random stores

 This series of photos were a result of a project that I undertook with Kissjane, and you will probably catch a glimpse of them in a publication soon. 

I hope you enjoyed today's edition of Fashion Fridays. Have a great weekend ahead!




You Might Also Like

0 comments

Show Comments: OR

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...