Jap Food Galore

I caught up with some old friends at my favourite yakitori restaurant in town - Nanbantei. The other must-try items on the menu are the gril...

I caught up with some old friends at my favourite yakitori restaurant in town - Nanbantei. The other must-try items on the menu are the grilled Gindara (Cod fish) and grilled corn cob.By the time I whipped out my camera, we had already finished almost all the food on the table. If you haven't noticed by now, I hardly ever take photos of my food. :P

While TS and Ash were deep in conversation, Karen and I were busy exchanging cameras, making silly actions and camwhoring. I had such a hard time trying to restrain my laughter. Sorry, I am not as demure as I look. In fact, I was trying my best not to burst out laughing in this picture.

These were the people who made my Beijing stint bearable, and it warms my heart to know that our friendship transcends all boundaries. :) It has been 2-3 yrs now, but we have always made it a point to keep in touch with one another although we have all moved on to the different stages of our lives. Some have relocated for work and couldn't join us for dinner. Others like TS are now mothers, while Ash and myself are walking down the aisle within the next couple of months.

After dinner, JW picked me up for a drink at Starbucks followed by a heartwarming yet absoluting hilarious French movie entitled "Welcome to the Land of the Shtis". I was bowled over by the portrayal of human emotions, witty dialogues and vivid images of quaint village houses tucked away amidst serenity.

JW's attempt at an artistic "armpit" shot (except that in this case, the armpit has been replaced by the handle of a mug.
His supposedly artistic angled shot:

Normal shot:

Weeks ago, we also celebrated JW's sis's birthday at Sun with Moon. It's such a coincidence because my bro's birthday falls in the month of October too. This month is really a month filled with birthdays, baby showers and other celebrations. Next month is a month of weddings. How broke can I get?!
I usually don't do lunch on weekends because I can't wake up in time. Even if I do manage to wake up, I can never open my eyes wide. That explains the sleepy eyes here.


Family shot.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Show Comments: OR

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...