A Walk Down Memory Lane

Right behind URA centre, rows of beautifully conserved shophouses line the streets, juxtaposed against a backdrop of towering skyscrapers. N...

Right behind URA centre, rows of beautifully conserved shophouses line the streets, juxtaposed against a backdrop of towering skyscrapers. Never forget your roots, this picture before me seems to say. To me, these restored shophouses serve as a constant reminder of our heritage while the skyscrapers depict our growth and development over the years.

Club Street and Ann Siang Street, in particular, now house cafes, stand-alone boutiques run by local designers, as well as one of my favourite bookstores, BooksActually.
The buildings here were given a brand new look but elements of its glorious past were carefully preserved.

JW and I chanced upon a quaint little cafe called Le Chocolat Cafe at Club Hotel on a dreamy afternoon after our visit to URA. We were immediately blown away by both its exterior and interior as it reminded us of cafes typically found in Europe. It was a breath of fresh air.

We popped by for a quick bite of salad and sandwiches. The cafe primarily serves salads, sandwiches as well as desserts such as cakes and tarts. It also has a breakfast menu which ends at 10.30a.m. Service was great and I would recommend this place for afternoon tea if you're in the vicinity.


My Caesar salad came in a cute little wooden bowl!


I was so enthralled by the surroundings and was looking forward to wandering around a bit more, but unfortunately, it started drizzling! I'll definitely be back again when the weather is friendlier! Again, the dress here is from my lovely sponsor, ClubCouture.


You Might Also Like

2 comments

Show Comments: OR

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...