Mini Kitchen Adventures

I don't cook very much in Singapore, but since my recent ski trip to Snowy Mountains with a group of travelling mates whom I suspect are...

I don't cook very much in Singapore, but since my recent ski trip to Snowy Mountains with a group of travelling mates whom I suspect are actually moonlighting as top chefs in the city's best restaurants, I must say I have come quite a long way where cooking is concerned.

I don't exactly have high expectations of my own cooking, but I must say the 2 recipes that I tried out and improvised upon recently have turned out to be pretty yummy!


French Toast with strawberries and cherries drizzled in maple syrup

3-4 eggs
10 slices of bread
3/4 cup milk
1 teaspoon of sugar and a dash of vanillin sugar
butter for frying
strawberries and cherries
maple syrup
(Serves up to 4 pax)

1. Mix the eggs, milk, sugar and vanillin sugar
2. Heat up butter in frying pan till it sizzles
3. Coat slices of bread in the mixture and fry them in the pan till they turn golden brown on both sides
4. Drizzle with maple syrup and decorate with fruits

Garlic and Cheese mashed potatoes

2 washed yellow potatoes and 1 potato masher
1 teaspoon of minched garlic (I used Lee Kum Kee's cos it's fuss-free and tasty)
1 tablespoon of butter
1 tablespoon of cheese spread
add pepper to taste
add garnish on top (I used parsley flakes)

1. Boil the potatoes till you can pierce through them with a fork then mash them with the masher. I like mine slightly chunky so I didn't mash the potatoes till they were creamy smooth.

2. Mix the mashed potatoes with the other ingredients stated above and you're done!

You Might Also Like

2 comments

Show Comments: OR

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...