Kiehl's Ultra Facial Oil-Free Skincare Range for Oily Skin

The Kiehl's Ultra Facial Oil-Free skincare range couldn't have arrived at my doorstep at a better time as I recently discover...



The Kiehl's Ultra Facial Oil-Free skincare range couldn't have arrived at my doorstep at a better time as I recently discovered that I have oily but dehydrated skin.

Can oily skin be dry at the same time?
My skin looks oily on the surface but there are signs of flaking if I don't moisturize adequately. Sounds contradictory? Totally not.

Those of us with oily skin tend to skip moisturizer, thinking that our skin already feels moisturized anyway. We are also afraid that our skin will look oilier after applying moisturizer. Contrary to popular belief, it is not true that people with oily skin do not need to moisturize because beneath that oily exterior, your skin may be sorely lacking in moisture (like mine), which then results in dry, flaky skin.

I have tried several skincare brands and products. Most fare well in terms of hydration but I can't say the same when it comes to the oil control. That's where Kiehl's Ultra Facial Oil-Free range makes a difference. 

After using this skincare range for about a month, I feel that my skin feels more matte and  hydrated than before. 

Moisture without the shine - isn't that a dream come true?

1) Kiehl's Ultra Facial Oil-Free Cleanser (S$43, 150ml)


What I love about Kiehl's products it that they are paraben-free, sulphate-free, silicone-free, oil-free and fragrance-free. Hence, you have nothing to fear even if you have sensitive skin. To reduce my level of exposure to unnecessary chemicals, I generally prefer products that do not contain these ingredients as well.



A pea sized amount is all I need to create sufficient lather for the entire face. My skin feels thoroughly cleansed yet hydrated as this facial cleanser is specially formulated with Imperata Cylindrica Root Extract to retain and restore moisture, even as it removes excess oil and impurities. It also contains Lemon Fruit Extracts which have astringent and antiseptic qualities to perk up and refresh tired, sluggish skin. 

I am using this cleanser on a daily basis and this is one product that I would repurchase as I really like the slightly tight, squeaky clean feeling after cleansing. I would recommend this to people with oily skin. That said, this cleanser is best paired with the Ultra Facial Oil-Free Toner to balance out the skin's moisture level.

2) Kiehl's Ultra Facial Oil Free Toner (S$43, 150ml)

 This toner is alcohol-free, paraben-free, sulphate-free, silicone-free and fragrance-free. Made from Imperata Cylindrica root extract and antarcticine, a glycolprotein found in the Antartic Sea, Kiehl's Ultra Facial Oil Free toner gently hydrates and soothes your skin by balancing your skin's pH level. 

I use it after the facial cleanser to remove any residual impurities and I love how it leaves my skin feeling fresh and clean, without stripping it of moisture. I especially like to use this when my skin breaks out during that time of the month as it effectively double cleanses my face to remove any excess oil. I currently alternate between this and my SKII Facial Treatment Essence (which is more nourishing) depending on my skin's condition.




3) Kiehl's Ultra Facial Oil-Free Gel Cream (S$48 for 50ml or S$82 for 125ml)

I love cream-based moisturizers for their nourishing properties, but they are usually too rich for my skin, which results in the formation of milia seeds. Gel-based moisturizers like this one are definitely more suitable for oily skin.

The lightweight gel texture absorbs readily into my skin, giving it a dose of much-needed moisture without that rich, creamy after-feel that most moisturizers tend to impart.There is absolutely no residue after application, and I adore how silky smooth and plumped up my skin feels immediately. Most importantly, it doesn't give me milia seeds.

What is really impressive about this moisturizer is that despite its almost feather-light  texture, it is more hydrating than most of the other gel-based moisturizers that I have tried. In fact, it feels just like an intensive serum cum moisturizer.



I would highly recommend this skincare range to anyone with oily skin. Its key strength lies in oil control without compromising on hydration, and the entire range has worked particularly well on me thus far. If you have oily skin as well, perhaps you could give this a try!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Show Comments: OR

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...