Yun Nam Hair Care Review: Progress Update

Beautiful, lustrous hair after my 5th treatment at Yun Nam Hair Care  I have been heading to Yun Nam Hair Care at Tiong Bahru ...

Beautiful, lustrous hair after my 5th treatment at Yun Nam Hair Care







 I have been heading to Yun Nam Hair Care at Tiong Bahru Plaza every week for scalp treatment, and the results have been nothing short of amazing. After reading my first post on Yun Nam Hair Care (click here to read), many friends came up to me to ask if I was balding even though I stated upfront in my previous post that my key concern is my oily scalp.

I guess it is only natural for most to associate Yun Nam Hair Care with hair loss. After all, they are the market leader for hair loss treatments. But unbeknownst to the man on the street, Yun Nam Hair Care also offers treatments to target issues such as dandruff, oily scalp, sensitive scalp and scalp infection. In fact, I too only found out about this when I was invited to try out their customized scalp treatments.



Scalp problems are more likely to occur if you subject your hair to frequent chemical treatments or if you are using a shampoo that is not suitable for your scalp (usually too rich or too drying). If you travel often, changes in weather would also inevitably affect the condition of your scalp, resulting in a loss of moisture, which eventually leads to flaking, dandruff and a sensitive scalp. Whenever I am stressed, my scalp starts to itch too.

I am sure many of you may have encountered one or more of these issues at some point, as these are just some of the problems that my friends and I often lament about.



I only recommend treatments that I have personally tried and tested, and the scalp treatments at Yun Nam Hair Care have proven to be effective in tackling my oily scalp issue. 

I was so impressed after the first session that my close girlfriend, Yitian, decided she had to try it for herself too. 




As Yitian was recommended by me, she was entitled to a complimentary consultation session and a hydrating treatment. However, she decided to top up another $50 for the scalp treatment that I've been gushing so much about. I thought it was pretty reasonable as she was given a travel size hair care set of shampoo, conditioner and hair tonic as well.

Complimentary Consultation & Treatment

Now, here's the good news, all my blog readers are entitled to a free consultation too! All you have to do is to click on the the link here to make your appointment




I wouldn't go into the details of the treatment process as I have written about it previously. If you're interested to find out how the entire treatment process is like, do read my previous post here.

What are Yitian's thoughts on the treatment?

Yitian has naturally thick hair, which makes washing a pain. Stress and chemical treatments have also caused her scalp to itch lately, hence she was on the lookout for a deep cleansing scalp treatment to get rid of residual dirt and product buildup.

What was her verdict then? She really liked the treatment! I meet her a couple of times a week, and she couldn't stop raving about the treatment for the entire week after. She shared that her scalp felt exceptionally clean and hair fall seemed to have reduced significantly. She's currently contemplating the possibility of taking up a package so we can go for treatments together.

What about me? How's my progress thus far?

I have been going down once a week for scalp treatment and have completed 5 sessions thus far, which means I'm halfway through the course. 

I can really feel a difference in my scalp condition. I wash my hair at night everyday, and by the end of the next day, I could feel that my scalp is slightly oily. The hair at my crown area would also get limper and flatter as the day progresses. Now, the oiliness is completely gone and my hair looks voluminous and healthy everyday.

I love how effective the treatments are and how pampered I feel every time I step into Yun Nam Hair Care. I find myself looking forward to the head massage week after week, as it never fails to improve circulation and soothe away stress and tension, leaving me relaxed, revitalized and re-energised.









Did you know that you can also choose to have your hair blown straight or curly, just like in a  regular hair salon? You'll always look and feel like a million bucks when you step out of Yun Nam Hair Care.




 I also had another scalp scan at the end of my fifth treatment to track my treatment progress. If you find it hard to believe my testimonial above, scroll down to see the results of my before-and-after scalp scan comparison and perhaps you'll be more convinced. 




Before (taken before my 1st treatment at Yun Nam Hair Care)

Before & After Comparison (after 1st scalp treatment at Yun Nam Hair Care)


After my 5th treatment at Yun Nam Hair Care

The results were visible immediately after the 1st treatment and you can see that the dirt and oil buildup on my scalp was practically gone.

After the 5th treatment, I could tell from the scalp scan that my hair follicles are now more visible as compared to before. 

It is important to have healthy hair follicles as this is the first step to healthy hair growth. I was told that healthy hair follicles are concave in shape, and from the scalp scan above, you can see that the concave shape is more prominent now. This means that the treatments have successfully unclogged my hair follicles and that I am right on track to restoring their health.


Of course, aside from in-salon scalp treatments, it is necessary to incorporate suitable home care products into your haircare routine to optimize results. I am currently using the full range of home care products by Yun Nam Hair Care, and today, I will be touching on their shampoo, conditioner, cleansing lotion and renewal lotion.

The Herbalogy Ginseng Shampoo is my favourite product in the range as it does a thorough job of cleansing without stripping my scalp of moisture. The key ingredient in this product is none other than ginseng, which is known for its calming benefits and is ideal for sensitive scalp. 

The shampoo has a distinctive ginseng scent that isn't too overpowering, especially when paired with the Refreshing Apple Conditioner as the invigorating apple scent makes my hair smell heavenly. I only apply the conditioner from the middle section of my hair all the way to the ends, without any contact with my scalp.



To restore my scalp's PH balance, I use Yun Nam Hair Care's Hair Renewal Lotion and Hair Cleansing Lotion twice a week after lathering the shampoo. I spray 6 pumps of the Hair Renewal Lotion and 3 pumps of the Hair Cleansing Lotion, give my scalp a good massage together with the shampoo, and rinse everything off. A balanced PH level helps to keep scalp problems at bay and these two products help to keep my scalp in the pink of health.



I will be sharing more about Yun Nam Hair Care's leave-in hair products and providing more updates on my journey with Yun Nam Hair Care, so do watch this space for more details!


Yun Nam Hair Care

Hotline: 6363 3232 

Outlets in Singapore:
  • Century Square
  • City Square Mall
  • Heartland Mall
  • Jubilee Square
  • Jurong Point
  • Lot One Shoppers' Mall
  • Plaza Singapura
  • Tiong Bahru Plaza
  • Woodlands Civic Centre

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Show Comments: OR

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...