Part-time Jobs & Internships in SingaporeSunday, June 07, 2015
What are you doing during the school holidays? It is a good time to take a break after the exams, go for a short holiday, or even take ...
What are you doing during the school holidays? It is a good time to take a break after the exams, go for a short holiday, or even take up a part-time job or internship to make full use of your time before school reopens.
Through part-time jobs and internships, you will also get to assess if a particular industry or corporate culture gels with your personality and career aspirations. With a better understanding of yourself, your environment and the necessary skills required to succeed in an industry of your choice, you will certainly get a head start when it comes to securing your dream job later on.
Remember, first impressions count, so I thought I would leave you with 5 tips to secure that job/internship:
1. Customize your resume to highlight skills and experiences that are relevant to the job that you are applying for (most candidates tend to omit this critical step.)
2. Highlight your strengths and experiences that are relevant to the job that you've applied for in your resume and at the interview
3. Do your due diligence on the company that you've applied to prior to the interview
4. Dress appropriately for the interview
5. Go in with a positive attitude. Employers are always on the lookout for people who are eager to learn and contribute.
Hope you found this post useful and here's wishing you all the best in your job search!