Sydney Fish Market

The Sydney Fish Market is a must-go destination for everyone, especially if you're a fan of seafood. After all, it is the second largest...

The Sydney Fish Market is a must-go destination for everyone, especially if you're a fan of seafood. After all, it is the second largest seafood market in the world and boasts some of the freshest varieties of seafood that you can find in the Southern Hemisphere!

I was looking forward to devouring scallops, sashimi and oysters!



It has been raining incessantly over the past couple of days but the rain and throngs of tourists could not stop us in our quest to savour these delicacies.


The oysters are so sweet and succulent. Have an oyster here and you'll truly feel that the world is your oyster.


If you're adventurous and don't require much sleep (unlike me), you can also book a Behind the Scenes Tour to catch all the action during the auction (sounds a little like a tongue-twister, doesn't it?) in the wee hours of the morning.


One of our friends recommended that we try the scampi (sashimi-style), which is a type of small lobster, so I gamely bought one home to try. I must admit that it looks a little disgusting because its head is so much bigger than its body. Some of my friends love prawn heads and would suck out all the juices within. I know Jun would probably love this because the scampi's head is beyond enormous. LOL but alas, I just couldn't bring myself to try the scampi's head. Oh, but the flesh...when I took a bite at it, it was oozing with a sweetness that words alone could not describe. Everyone should definitely give it a go!





You Might Also Like

3 comments

Show Comments: OR

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...