What's your favourite fashion trend in 2012?

 I usually stick to evergreen items that will never go out of style, but every once in a while, I indulge in a fashion fad just to keep my...

 I usually stick to evergreen items that will never go out of style, but every once in a while, I indulge in a fashion fad just to keep my wardrobe updated. 

Since 2012 is drawing to an end, I thought I'll just do a quick rundown of the trends that I followed this year:

1) Tattoo stockings
This is my favourite trend because it's such a novel idea. Who would have thought that you could dress up your bare legs in such a creative way?

2) Floral Headbands & Crowns

Floral headbands and crowns were immensely popular this year too. I personally think that floral crowns are way too oversized and are best reserved for photoshoots, unless of course looking crazy is your cup of tea. I much prefer their daintier counterparts, otherwise known as floral headbands.


3) Pastels

I wouldn't exactly call this a fad because the bulk of my wardrobe is made up of pastel shades, but this year saw the explosion of pastel shades in every store. Corporate wear in pastel shades, basic tops and jeans in pastel shades, tailored jackets in pastel shades.... you get the drift. 

LOVE this trend too. 

4) Detachable collars
 
 Although this was a trend that began way back in 2011, detachable collars only became a force to be reckoned with this year! Sometimes,these little collars are just what you need to pull a look together, simply because they are able to change the appearance of your outfit in the blink of an eye.


Which one of these trends is your favourite? Are there any other trends that blew you away? ;)

You Might Also Like

1 comments

Show Comments: OR

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...