Purple Highlights in Taipei

 I just returned from a work trip to China and am in the midst of unpacking my luggage, finishing up some work and also sorting out ...

 I just returned from a work trip to China and am in the midst of unpacking my luggage, finishing up some work and also sorting out all the photos from my Taipei trip (erm I still have photos from Australia and New Zealand too!) as well as from several blogger events/reviews.

 To start the ball rolling, I thought I'll just share some photos of my new hairstyle. ;)


I wanted to get highlights done in Taipei and my friend recommended that I try out Crazy Cut Salon located across Rainbow Hotel at Ximending. Her regular stylist, Angel, suggested I go with either dark purple highlights or greenish ash highlights. I thought it would be an interesting change to have purple highlights, since ash is way too similar to my base colour. 

My only reservation was that I was afraid the purple highlights would turn out too bold and inappropriate for work, but Angel assured me that it would blend in very well with my existing base colour.



These photos were taken indoors and they have not been edited in any way. Isn't it amazing how subtle the purple highlights are?


This is what it looks like under sunlight, 2 weeks after my colour job (photo taken from Instagram @reginachow_sg)


The colour is definitely more obvious under sunlight, but it is still somewhat subtle and not too in-your-face.

I took the opportunity to touch up my roots at the salon as well and the entire process took a little over 3 hours. The service was wonderful and I was really happy with the end result! The best part was, the total cost was extremely affordable compared to prices in Singapore. I had my roots touched up, highlights and also treatment done at about S$180! I would highly recommend Angel at Crazy Cut Salon if you're thinking of getting your hair done in Taipei. :)

Alright, enough of my hair for now. I will be sharing more about Taipei in a bit, but meanwhile, have a great week ahead!

 
 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Show Comments: OR

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...