Fashion Fridays: Going Whimsical

Clean, minimalist silhouettes are slowly taking over my wardrobe these days, but there are times when I crave for a more whimsical tou...


Clean, minimalist silhouettes are slowly taking over my wardrobe these days, but there are times when I crave for a more whimsical touch. Splashes of prints and bold colours, bags in unexpected shapes, shoes with wings...you get the drift. Challenging the status quo and what is considered the norm embodies the true essence of the whimsical style. It is all about breaking the rules and I love how it allows your imagination to take flight and venture far into the unknown.

A combination of quirky prints and whimsical elements never fails to create a statement and this makes it a style that is almost impossible to replicate. It is an expression of your individuality and I guess that is one of the reasons why I am inexplicably drawn to this style.




Today's outfit features a swan print dress from Ching with a detachable swan collar no less, paired with a Kate Spade Apple Bag (one of my perennial favourites) and my adorable gladiator heels from Sophia Webster.  You may find this outfit familiar if you follow me on instagram (@reginachow_sg) as I wore this ensemble to the recent Fashion Steps Out 2015 event. 

If you think the whimsy style is a little too much for you, you can always go for a more monochromatic palette. In this case, black and white take center stage while red accents punctuate the outfit and inject a dash of fun. Alternatively, go slow and perhaps begin by adding a kitschy statement bag to your wardrobe for a start. It is bound to be a conversation starter and I can assure you there's no turning back!


 Dress from Ching (Far East Plaza)
Shoes from Sophia Webster
Bag from Kate Spade
Cuff from Hermes



What's your take on the whimsical style? Do you like it as much as I do?

As always, thank you so much for reading and have a wonderful long weekend!

You Might Also Like

1 comments

Show Comments: OR

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...