More Shopping and Meiji Shrine

In a paradise like Japan, there are always opportunities for feasting and shopping. To satiate our hunger before embarking on our next shopp...

In a paradise like Japan, there are always opportunities for feasting and shopping. To satiate our hunger before embarking on our next shopping spree, we had a simple fare of spaghetti and sandwiches at Cafe Amiti, tucked away in a cozy corner of the JR Shinjuku station.


Shinjuku is one of my favourite shopping spots in Japan, because you can find anything and everything here, from quaint boutiques to large departmental stores. My favourite shops, Snidel, Cecil Mcbee and US brand Kitson, can all be found at Lumine 2 at the JR Shinjuku Station.

I heard that Daikanyama is another fabulous place for shopping, especially if you like apparel from independen
t Japanese designers. Unfortunately for me, but fortunately for my pocket, we didn't have enough time this round.

Later in the day, we ventured to Meiji Shrine, located right at the heart of Harajuku. The gate is where cosplayers usually gather on weekends. What a bizarre contrast against the traditional facade of the shrine! Though we didn't manage to catch the cosplayers in action, that gives us another reason to revisit Japan. Strangely enough, one of my Japanese clients said that I bear a semblance to renowned cosplay idol, Nagakawa Shoko. While I am rather flattered, I certainly do not think we look alike. :)

As you would also probably know by now, I am not particularly fond of shrines because:
1) I am a freethinker, and I believe that my destiny lies in my own hands. You reap what you sow.;
2) I was already greatly overwhelmed by all the shrines in Korea; and
3) I believe that spiritual satisfaction comes in different forms and need not be directly associated with religion. More importantly, we should always reflect upon our own actions and maintain a clear conscience.

Regardless, photo-taking was still a must. :P










The evening was spent shopping at Shibuya, where I went crazy buying lingerie from Peach John at Shibuya 109. Most of the shops, including Peach John, could be found at Shinjuku though, but it was a pleasure trawling the neon lit streets, feeling the cold night breeze in our faces.


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Show Comments: OR

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...