Fashion: Black, Cut-outs, Pearls & Bangs

Black is a perennial favourite in everyone's wardrobe because it never goes out of style. I have a lot of black in my wardrobe, bu...



Black is a perennial favourite in everyone's wardrobe because it never goes out of style. I have a lot of black in my wardrobe, but my latest obsession comes in the form of black tank tops with cut-outs. A simple black tank is instantly transformed with fashionable cut-outs that reveal just a hint of skin and add an element of surprise. 

As the title suggests, black, cut-outs and pearls take centerstage in the ensemble that I am sharing with you today. This is an outfit that I wore to a weekend lunch date with my in laws at the Raffles Hotel. The hotel's architecture provided a beautiful backdrop for my outfit shots and as you can probably tell from this series of photos, my photographer cum husband was a little more enthusiastic than usual.



What I really like about this simple tank top with cut-outs from Ohvola is that it can easily be dressed up or down depending on the occasion. It has certainly proven to be a versatile addition to my wardrobe. 

I could have worn this with shorts and flats for a casual look, but I was in a dressy mood then and pairing it with a statement pearl necklace and a polka dot pencil skirt from MDS seemed like the perfect choice. Instead of going all out with pointy pumps and a jacket, which would have made this completely work appropriate, I chose to tone down the look by going down a different path with a pair of edgy peeptoe mules I picked up at Charles & Keith recently.
 













 Did you notice my fuller bangs in my recent posts? I had them cut because I foresee that I will be having my hair up more in the coming weeks and I like how fuller bangs frame the face. I can have my hair up in a ponytail or a bun and still look put together, which is really important these days given my work schedule. 

There are days when I end up dozing off on the sofa while working on my laptop when my hair is still wet, which is not a good idea but trust me, when you are clocking just 4 hours of sleep per day and you need to dash out of the house in a flash everyday, the last thing that you would think about is your hair. A low-maintenance hairstyle like this suits my current lifestyle without compromising on style. Just what I need to tide over this busy period. ;)
  
 







Top from Ohvola
Skirt from MDS
Shoes from Charles & Keith
Bag from Chanel




 Thanks for reading! Now, excuse me while I get back to work. 

 Have a good weekend everyone!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Show Comments: OR

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...