Fashion Fridays: Pastels in Spring

Temperatures are soaring and flowers are in full bloom to welcome the start of Spring. I'm just getting into the spirit of Spring wi...

Temperatures are soaring and flowers are in full bloom to welcome the start of Spring. I'm just getting into the spirit of Spring with pastel hues as they gradually emerge from my wardrobe after months of hibernation due to my recent obsession with monochromatic shades.

What I love about pastel colours is that they generally complement one another without stealing the limelight from their counterparts, which makes colour blocking a breeze. The heydays of colour blocking may be over, but in my humble opinion, especially when it comes to soft pastel colours, this trend is here to stay. 

Putting together an outfit with 3-4 bold primary colours could be a little too much (and gaudy) for some of us especially when it is no longer in trend to do so. Colour blocking with pastel colours on the other hand, is a different story altogether. 

 Take this outfit for example, where pink, mint and blue take center-stage. It is less in-your-face, less dramatic, but definitely more feminine and more wearable. This is my idea of the perfect outfit for Spring, against the backdrop of gorgeous blooms.

Dress c/o ClubCouture
Bow headband from Liz Lisa
Bag from Hermes
Shoes from Pazzion



I love this flirty lace panel dress from ClubCouture and I personally think that this would be a great choice for the upcoming Chinese New Year festivities. 

The lace panels add an element of surprise and reveal just a sliver of skin without compromising decorum, which to me, is an essential aspect of the dress's appeal.



Thanks for reading and have a great weekend ahead! I'll be sharing more of my fashion picks for Chinese New Year next week, so do stay tuned for more updates.


You Might Also Like

2 comments

Show Comments: OR

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...