Arch Angel Brow Korean Eyebrow Embroidery Review

    It is no secret that Korean eyebrows are able to take a few years off our faces and my personal experience with Korean Eyebrow E...


  
It is no secret that Korean eyebrows are able to take a few years off our faces and my personal experience with Korean Eyebrow Embroidery by Kelly, the lady boss at Arch Angel Brow confirms that. To give you a better idea of how much younger, fresher and well-groomed you can look with Korean brows, I am starting my review with a recent photo of myself taken two weeks on with just tinted sunblock and lash extensions.


Now, let's take a look at the before and after photos for a better comparison. As you can see from my after photo, Korean brows soften your facial expressions, giving you a more youthful appearance. 

Do excuse my untidy crescent-shaped brows (don't they resemble the moon? =S) in the before photo. My previous eyebrow embroidery done by Kelly two years ago when she was a trainer at another beauty salon had faded and lazy me just conveniently hid my brows under my bangs. Imagine my horror when I switched to centre parting! I could no longer hide my hideous brows from the world. Honestly, Kelly couldn't have approached me at a better time. 



 
Located at Clementi 321 Mall which is a stone's throw from Clementi MRT station, Arch Angel Brow was set up a few months ago by Kelly, who has close to 10 years of experience in this industry. The cozy atmosphere coupled with Kelly's friendly and amiable disposition made me feel at home instantly.





Why should you choose Arch Angel Brow? How is it different from other eyebrow embroidery salons?

 In this day and age, eyebrow embroidery salons are a dime and dozen. Aside from Kelly's experience and aesthetic eye, Arch Angel Brow's Korean Combo Eyebrow, an exclusive state-of-the-art eyebrow embroidery technology directly imported from Korea, gives it a competitive edge.  

After all, when it comes to Korean brows, who else can you trust but the Koreans?

Other eyebrow embroidery techniques would require that you isolate your brow area when you wash your face and you would also end up looking like Crayon Shin Chan's (aka 蜡笔小新)twin sister for a week. 

Thanks to Arch Angel Brow, there is absolutely no downtime. Most importantly, you will not become a victim of extremely dark brows in the style of Crayon Shin Chan. You can even wash your face and brows immediately after eyebrow embroidery as there isn't any wound at all.

Kelly was also based in Korea for a period of time and Arch Angel Brow is the only eyebrow embroidery salon in Singapore that is equipped with this technology currently. 

 Even the techniques and technology used for other services provided by Arch Angel Brow, such as eyeliner, lip and hairline embroidery, all hail from Korea.


What is the process like?

It is very much like any other eyebrow embroidery service and I will let the following photos do the talking. 



Kelly and I first had a discussion on my desired eyebrow shape before she proceeded to neaten and fill in my brows to alter its appearance. 



As my brows are naturally bushy, the Korean Combo Eyebrow service is suitable for me as it would enhance the colour of my brows using natural pigments that can be customised to suit your hair colour.





I originally wanted thick and straight brows, but my slightly higher brow bone and the shape of my eyes did not seem to suit this style of brows. I actually looked depressed with such brows! I could still go for thick brows, but a slight arch would complement my features much better.

 Kelly was quick to point this out. I cannot stress enough how important it is to get an expert's opinion  to determine the right type of eyebrow for your face. In fact, I actually turned down a few eyebrow embroidery sponsorship offers previously because I couldn't be completely sure if the outcome would be positive. With Kelly, I knew that I would be in good hands.




Once the desired shape was achieved, numbing cream was applied and I was led into a private room where the eyebrow embroidery process commenced with a slim, needle-like instrument. A brand new piece is used for each customer, perfect for those of us who are hygiene conscious.



Does it hurt? This is one question that I often get. Well, you'll be happy to know that the pain is very bearable and feels similar to eyebrow plucking.



After the procedure, Kelly sat me up to check if my brow colour was uniform. As I wasn't able to return to her shop promptly after two weeks for a touch-up, she took pains to ensure that my brows were given an additional coat of colour. Her attention to detail is truly remarkable.





Despite my darker brows, I could head out for events immediately the day after without drawing laughter or strange stares from passers-by.

Here I was, at the Uniqlo Re-Jean launch at Kallang Wave Mall.


The day after, I also attended Sample Store's Ka-Bloom event. Here's a photo of me taken at Lady M cafe after the event.



I couldn't be happier with my new brows. Even without the initial touch-up session after two weeks, you can tell from my very first photo in this review that my brows are still in excellent shape. The best part is, no maintenance is required except for the application of a treatment oil to keep the skin around the brow area moisturized. 

It was extremely liberating to be able to wash my face immediately after the procedure as well. Everything was so hassle-free! I'll be sure to head back to Arch Angel Brow for my touch-up the next time I return to Singapore.





Aside from eyebrow embroidery, I also had the opportunity to try their deep cleansing facial treatment that unclogged all my pores and left me with healthy glowing skin.





Thank you once again to Arch Angel Brow and Kelly for giving me beautiful brows and skin before I set off again for Nanjing!



*****

The Korean Combo Embroidery costs $980 including two touch-ups, one after two weeks and the second one before a year is up.

*****

Arch Angel Brow

 Address:
321 Clementi Ave 3 (New mall in Clementi)
#01-08

Tel:

Opening Hours:
Mon-Fri: 11.00 am - 9.30 pm
Sat-Sun: 10.30 am - 8.00 pm 

Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/archangel.brow

Instagram:
@archangelbrow


 







You Might Also Like

2 comments

Show Comments: OR

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...